Plaster Ceiling Sydney
At Zaks Render, we specialize in the repair, restoration, and replacement of plaster ceilings. When it comes to Sydney plasterworks, there’s nobody else who has our years of experience, and our reputation for excellence in Sydney.
No matter the size of your building project, we’re here to help. From sagging plaster ceilings, to rotted plaster and lath, smoke-damaged ceilings and more, we can do it all. Learn more about plastic ceiling repair and restoration below.
Why Does Ceiling Plaster Fail?
In Sydney, plaster has been more uncommon as a ceiling material for decades. In the 1950s, there was a shift towards using new materials like drywall, instead of traditional plaster and lath.
This means that there are fewer companies like Zaks Render who specialize in the process of restoring and replacing plaster. Doing so requires experience, a steady hand, and the right equipment.
So, why does ceiling plaster fail in the first place? Here are a few of the most common reasons.
- Time and gravity – Everything is subject to the pull of gravity, and this includes plaster. As time goes on, plaster may separate from the underlying wood lath, and be pulled down towards the floor. This is probably the most common cause of plaster failure – after a few decades, most plaster ceilings simply do not hold onto the wood lath as effectively, and must be shored up and repaired.
- Ceiling leaks – Ceiling leaks can damage both the plaster and the lath that it is attached to. If the wood rots, or water and moisture collect in the plaster, it may begin to deteriorate, causing cracks, sagging, discoloration, and staining.
- Extreme temperature fluctuations – Plaster, like most other materials, has a tendency to shrink microscopically in the cold, and expand slightly in the heat. If the plaster is properly secured, this will not cause any problems.But as the plaster ages, these fluctuations can take their toll, especially if your home is not properly insulated and ventilated. Eventually, temperature fluctuations can result in the plaster being pulled away from the wood lath, causing sagging and cracking.
- Improper restoration – If you have tried to restore your plaster ceiling on your own, or hired an inexperienced contractor, this may be an issue.Proper preparation is absolutely essential for plaster repairs and replacements. All painted areas must be sanded, porous surfaces must be primed, and proper adhesives must be used to ensure that the plaster layer bonds properly to the lath and remaining plastered areas.
If your plaster ceiling is sagging or cracking, it’s likely because of one of these above causes, and you should get help from a professional plaster specialist, such as Zaks Render, today!
The Benefits Of Working With A Professional Plaster Restoration Contractor
Why work with Zaks Render? Here are just a few reasons that we’re experts in plaster restoration.
- The best products and materials at great rates – We work with suppliers such as Bailey Interiors, providing the largest selection of decorative plaster products, plaster cornices and high quality materials. You can trust us to get the best tools and products for the job, at a low price.
- Free quotes and consultations – Not sure what your plaster repair will cost? We can come take a look for free. There’s no commitment. If you don’t like our price, send us on our way! We’ll always be here if you change your mind.
- Customer satisfaction guaranteed – We have a reputation for excellence in Sydney. Our professional contractors will do everything they can to make sure you’re completely satisfied. We pledge to always do a great job, and address all of the questions and concerns you may have about your project.
Contact Us Now To Get Started!
Zaks Render provide professional plaster ceiling services as well as polystyrene wall cladding systems and plaster wall repairs. Give us a call today on 0402 283 119 for a consultation and a quote or fill out the form below and we will contact you shortly.