Plaster Wall Repair Sydney
Whether your home is built with traditional plaster, or with modern Gyprock wall products, there may come a time when you need plaster repair to fix water damaged panels, termite damage, and more.
At Zaks Render, we’re specialists in plaster wall repair in Sydney. Our fully licensed, professional plasterers have seen it all, so we can handle wall repair projects of any size. Learn more about repairing a plaster ceiling and walls or how to repair Gyprock walls below.
The Most Common Causes Of Wall Damage In Sydney
Gyprock and plaster walls can fail for a number of reasons. Here are just a few of the most common issues.
- Water damage – Gyprock is particularly susceptible to damage from water. The bulk of a Gyprock wall is built from gypsum, which readily absorbs water from leaky pipes, roofs, and moisture from all other sources.Gypsum softens when exposed to moisture, and if it’s exposed for a prolonged amount of time, it will turn into a gooey paste that offers little structural support. This can lead to the saggin and decaying of Gyprock boards.Traditional plaster can also be damaged by water. Water will rot the wood lath, and cause the plaster to sag and crack.
- Mold – Mold usually goes hand-in-hand with water damage and moisture. It’s most common in kitchens, bathrooms, and any other area that is regularly exposed to plentiful moisture. Mold can grow quickly after exposure to moisture, and be very difficult to get rid of, as it can enter the porous surface of Gyprock.
- Termites – Termites are a problem for both Gyprock walls and for traditional plaster-and-lath walls. Gyprock is built with a paper exterior facing, which provides a smooth surface which can be painted. Termites, if they are present in your home, can begin to eat away at this facing, destroying the drywall and causing paint to crumble.Termites are a bigger concern for plaster-and-lath walls, though. If you have termites, they can eat through the wood lath backing in your home, destroying large portions of plaster that must be replaced completely. And if the termites are not completely eliminated, the damage could easily recur once your wall has been fixed.
Though there are many other ways that plaster and Gyprock walls can be damaged, these are the most common, by far. If you’ve been having any of the above problems, you’ll want to get in touch with a professional wall repair company like Zaks Render right away, to explore your options
Why Choose Zaks Render for Wall Repair Sydney Wide
Why choose us for the repair of your Gyprock or plaster walls in Sydney? Here are just 3 reasons.
- The best rates on supply and installation – We know that replacing and repairing your walls can easily cost you quite a bit of money, and we do our best to keep costs down. We work with low-cost suppliers and keep our rates at the industry standard, to ensure that you don’t have to break the bank.
- We get things right the first time – Wall failure is always a symptom of a larger issue, like a leaky roof, broken plumbing, or termite infestations. That’s why we take steps to address the cause of wall damage – before we even start our repairs.
- A great record of success in Sydney – We have dozens of happy customers in the Sydney area, thanks to our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
Get In Touch Now For A Free Estimate
If you’re having issues with a Gyprock or plaster wall in Sydney, contact us right away. The problem could be more severe than you think – and you need experienced, professional plasterers like Zaks Render, to ensure that you get the best results.